Training & Education
Paul Bergé International conducts customized workshops and seminars in AIDC topics as well as in international business cultures and cross cultural communication. These training sessions are either public or private. Examples of one or two day workshops:
- Barcode basics, in-depth look at barcode applications, cost justification
- Fundamentals of RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) and where the various types of this technology are best used. Looking beyond the hype.
- AIDC technologies create value and increase profitability. Case studies and cost justification.
- Cross cultural communication to prepare Foreigners to deal with counterparts in the US and of course vice versa. In preparation for meetings overseas, it is better to be prepared for what to expect. Based on our vast international experience, we developed a set of workshop that have been successfully conducted. Customization for specific customer requirements is available. The academic foundation for these workshops is found in the work done by Geert Hofstede et al who define the fundamental elements of cross cultural communication as Power Distance Index, Risk Avoidance, Individualism, Masculinity.
- How to set up and manage overseas operations from distribution channels to wholly owned subsidiaries. We offer a particular focus on Europe and through association with others, China and the rest of Asia as well as Mexico and Latin America.
The trainer, Paul Bergé, has been educating users and resellers of AIDC technologies for three decades. He was the first to conduct barcode seminars in China for the China Institute of Packaging under the auspices of the United Nations, back in the mid 1980’s. In the early 1990’s he was invited by the government of Vietnam to conduct similar seminars to help that country in its efforts to modernize and become a player in international commerce. He has been a regular speaker at conferences around the world.
In the mid 1980’s he became the founding chairman of Scan Tech Europe, the premier European educational event at that time.
In addition, Paul Bergé teaches as adjunct professor at the Williams School of Business at Xavier University in Cincinnati, OH and teaches international business subjects at other Cincinnati area universities.